The PAN Vegan Pledge is coming to back to Chapel Hill for a fourth time in 2014!
Contact Christine W. with any questions.
- Fill out this form to sign up if you want to be a pledge in the program or if you want more information.
- Fill out this form if you want to be a mentor or volunteer.
What is the Vegan Pledge?
The Vegan Pledge is a four-week program designed to provide all the necessary education and resources to those who are ready to give veganism a try for thirty days! We’ll support you with a free care package, a knowledgeable vegan mentor, cooking demos, and weekly meetings over 5 consecutive Saturdays on the topics of ethics, health, environmentalism, and daily living issues. This will be our fourth iteration, and we’ve had great success with our previous Pledges. Many past pledge participants have remained vegan for years now and have also remained friends with those they met during the program. PAN works hard to ensure participants have resources available to them long after the pledge is over!
Saturday, February 1, 1-4pm @ Chapel Hill Friends Meeting:
- Introductions & Veganism 101
- Cooking demo (Linda Nelson, co-founder of the Purple Pig Project)
Saturday, February 8, 1-4pm @ Chapel Hill Friends Meeting:
- Ethics (Syl Kocieda)
- Cooking demo (Kevin Archer)
- Environment (Justin Van Kleeck, founder of Vegan Night Out)
Saturday, February 15, 1-4pm @ Chapel Hill Friends Meeting:
- Nutrition (Stephanie Hodges, RN)
- Healthy cooking demo (Stephanie Hodges, RN)
- Humane myths (Lenore Braford, founder of the Piedmont Farm Animal Refuge)
Saturday, February 22, 1-3pm @ Whole Foods-Chapel Hill:
- Whole Foods Shopping Trip!
Saturday, March 1, 1-4pm:
- Potluck celebration
- Responding to questions about veganism